среда, 15 октября 2008 г.

destinos london




I�spent half an eternity in the bookshop today but still didnapos;t choose anything for my step-dad. I�have no clue: he has everything, he doesnapos;t need anything; and to choose something totally�wrong is always a disaster.

I was looking at everything there, and I�found one interesting book. Itapos;s a book by a contemporary Austrian artist (so, only me and Ksenia can be interested in this), Gerhard Almbauer,�who entitled his book �"Cambrian."
The Cambrian is a period of time in geology, about 455-400 Mio, when life on Earth�exploded from microorganisms to the shark-sized awkward-looking sea beasts. The continents looked so much different from the way the look right now, and the major one was called "Rodinia;" the name cames from Rodina meaning "Motherland" in Russian.
So this guy�gave such a name to�his artwork collection, and it grabbed my attention. And his art... There is a lot going on, and only God knows what goes on there. But it doesnapos;t look like�I�would imagine myself the�Cambrian.�"Cambrian" is probably an allegory of�a�beginning, a new start, how something is created out of chaos.

Austria, geology, new start, chaos...

Itapos;s�very... Itapos;s�too symbolic for the kind of life I�have right now :)



destinos london, destinos london bar, destinos london restaurant, destinos lonely mexico planet.



Комментариев нет: